Sunday, September 12, 2010

Review: A Gift of Grace

A Gift of Grace by Amy Clipston is the first book I've read from this author and I really enjoyed the story.  If you remember The Redemption of Sarah Cain by Beverly Lewis, this story is like that but it is reversed.  The English girls go to live with the Amish family.  The two teenage girls are forced to live the rules  of the Amish community even though they are not Amish after their parents die in a car accident and their mom (Grace) wants them to live with her sister, Rebecca,  who is Amish.   Rebecca and her husband have been trying to have children of their own for many years, so Rebecca welcomes this challenge. I found it really interesting how it all works out.  I think that one thing I don't like about the Amish in this book is all the gossiping and this is a great example of how gossip can really hurt others.  I also enjoyed the romance that starts with one of the teenagers and a boy at the factory she works at with her Uncle. Great read, can't wait to read the sequel!  Also lots of Amish recipes included throughout the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment