Saturday, February 2, 2013

Swept Away


I first read Mary Connealy books last month.  I got her book, Out of Control, free on Kindle loved it and bought the other two in the series. I found her new book, Swept Away on Netgalley and decided I had to read it, so I signed up to review it.  The interesting thing was that the main character from Swept Away, Luke Stone, is the brother of Callie who is Seth Kincaid's wife in the third book of the Kincaid Brother's series.  So, since I loved that book, I had to read this one.
Swept Away starts out introducing us to Ruthy who lost her parents and was taken in by her neighbors.  They make her do lots of work and hit her a lot.  She also has to deal with their son who tries to take advantage of her. The family is on a wagon train when the wagon is carried away by a flooded river.  Ruthy is swept away and later found by Luke as he is trying to get back to his home that someone killed his father and has pretended to own the land with a fake document.  When he gets home he finds friends and they make a plan to take over the ranch.  If you like shootouts in stories this is definitely your book as there is a really good one in the story.

 I really loved this story.  I could not put the book down.  I love the author's detail to the historical aspects of the story.  I also enjoyed the romance that seemed to blossom with Ruthy and Luke.  I never knew how much I liked historical westerns until I read Mary Connealy's books.  I really cannot wait to read the rest of the Trouble in Texas series.  There was definitely trouble in this book and I loved every minute of it!
This e-book was provided through Netgalley and Bethany House publishers, I was not required to give a positive review.

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Find the info here: http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete