Friday, April 8, 2011

Diary of a Winpy Kid: The Last Straw

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw is the third book in Jeff Kinney’s series. This book is for kids ages 8-12. My son loves all of the books in the series and they have actually made him want to read, well at least this series. After going to the movies with my son to watch the first movie, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, I knew I wanted to read the books.


In The Last Straw, Greg is back to write in his journal about all that is going on in his life. Greg learns that his dad really wants to see him as something other than “wimpy,” so he tries to get him to do a lot of “manly” things. One of which is to go to a military school for the summer. Greg does not really like that idea so he works to try to get out of it. He also is into girls more in this book and one in particular. His best friend Rowley is also back and Greg and he get into stuff as usual.

As with the other books, I really enjoy this book. I love the way Jeff can make the reader see Greg’s life as so funny. I think a lot of Middle Schoolers can relate to what he goes through. I also love the cartoons that Jeff adds to his writing. His books don’t seem overwhelming and readers love that. For me, the books go really fast. I can usually read one before the day is over. So, yes, even adults will like it. I thought the first book was kind of sad. Greg was treated so badly and I really feel like a lot of kids that don’t fit in are also treated like that in Middle Schools today. This was another funny, easy reading book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment