Friday, April 15, 2011

Lilly's Wedding Quilt

Lilly’s Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long and second in her Patch of Heaven series.  The story opens up with Jacob Wyse stealing a horse because the horse was being abused. Lily, the local school teacher, finds Jacob in a barn where she seeks rescue from a storm.  Lily was on the way to the wedding of Jacob’s long lost love. They finally go to the event together people begin talking and a police officer interrupts the reception, Lilly tells him that Jacob has been with her.  But, he really was not and then they somehow become engaged so they do not ruin their reputations.  Lily knows that Jacob still only has love for Sarah, but she decides to go through with the wedding.  Jacob promises Lilly that it will not be a real marriage.  They move in with Lilly’s ill mother and make that their home, even though Jacob often sleeps on the floor. They each start to fall in love with each other, until Lilly feels like Jacob only wants Sarah.  Will they be able to make their marriage work?  Will Jacob ever be able to let go of his love for Sarah and move on?  Read Lilly’s Wedding Quilt to find out.

I really liked this story.  I love how you can pick up a book and be hooked with the first chapter, Kelly Long does not disappoint in that area with this book.  I kind of felt sorry for Jacob after reading Sarah’s Garden and was really glad to see Kelly Long carry on his story.  I loved seeing how a broken heart could be healed and Jacob and Lilly start learning to rely on each other and work together. I felt this book was a little steamier than most Amish romances, but it was done very tastefully.

I was given a copy of this book to review through Net Galley and Thomas Nelson publishing and I was not required to give a positive review, but an honest opinion of the book. 

This book is available from Amazon and anyone who loves Amish fiction would probably love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lori! I hopped over from the Christian Fiction Devourers group on Good Reads to check out your blog. I was glad to find this review because I've been interested in this book. Now I'm adding it to my wish list!

    I'd love to follow your reviews but have never been good with my Google reader. I usually follow blog through Facebook, Twitter, or email. Let me know if you add one of those options! Blessings!

    (I also blog at http://reneeannsmith.com/)

    ReplyDelete